One year ago I left on my first flight ever to go down to Oklahoma, to take a course on teaching English to speakers of other languages. TESOL was an awesome experience! At the same time I was doing TESOL, a group of students from Taiwan were at the same place learning English, going through a Christian seminar, and being immersed in the American Culture (a program called VOICE).When the 2 week course was over, we went our seperate ways, never to be the same again. Many of my TESOL friends went to Taiwan to teach English through IBLP, and after being asked many times if I ever planned to go, I just said, "Maybe someday".

Well, "someday" has finally come!
After a year of praying, discussing, thinking about, and hearing about Taiwan; I'm going!
The Lord is SO good to have led me there. I've been interested in Asian countries for several years, and now I'm going to one!
I know a great adventure awaits me, and I'm so glad I'm not alone in it! My favorite verse (and the theme of my blog)....
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:11
and so the adventure begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment