Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sweet 20!

Wednesday was my birthday. I'm not a teenager anymore! It was a special day, so I thought I'd tell you about it.
*Yay!*

This is the second time I've celebrated my birthday away from home, and both times it's been here, in Taiwan. I'll give you the highlights and you can fill in the blanks however you want...


I went to school, as usual, but since it was Wednesday I only taught 4 classes in the morning, and then came home. It was a fun morning.

*igniting laughter*

I was SO tired when I got back from school that I ignored the clean, but not yet folded laundry strewn all over my bed, and went directly to sleep. I dozed until I was awaken by my cellphone buzzing. One of my darling 4th graders from last year sent me a text in Chinese, wishing me a happy birthday.

*Sweeties*


Wednesday afternoon the whole team took a trip into Nantou city to run some errands. While waiting for our bus that would take us home, I noticed these incredible buildings and was inspired to capture it with my camera. Each one is unique and different, and yet they are also similar in certain ways. God is the creator of creativity, and I love observing his creation, and taking pictures of it, whether it be manifested in nature, or in the labors of man.
*design. texture. color*

While we were waiting at the bus station for our bus we started talking with some Senior High students. Celia ended up telling them that it was my birthday, so they sang "Happy Birthday" to me in English. That was fun. :)

When we arrived at home, we made dinner: nachos (with fresh sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips from Costco; the only place we can get them at), and a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (the cream cheese was also from Costco). While we were preparing dinner, 3 student friends stopped by to say happy birthday. One was my student from last year. That was really special. :)


"It's My Birthday!"

It was a fun day, and definitely memorable. I'm looking forward to the year ahead. Please continue to pray for me, the team and Taiwan.

For Him,
Josie 林以恩

"Thy Mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. "
Psalm 36: 5



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful, special birthday! I totally LOVE the picture you took of the three houses! The colors and unique design is incredible! I especially like the porches on the roofs...such a neat place to lay and look at the stars! :)
Have a great day!
Baylie

Gabrielle said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Welcome to the 20's :)

Kelsey said...

Happy Birthday Josie! Yeah, don't you feel old...and young--at the same time??
Isn't it amazing to think that we graduated (only) 2 years ago (already)?
Hope you are having a beautiful life, and it sounds like you are.
Love, Kelsey :o)

Josie said...

Kelsey!
Yeah, I do feel like I SHOULD be old and grown up, but I'm still not...haha! :P
It is hard to believe that it was just 2 years ago that we were graduating together. Good times!
Whatever happened to that "1 year" reunion that we talked about? :P
Maybe it'll have to be a 3 or 5 year reunion.
Email me! I miss you!
Josie