Tuesday, November 10, 2009

SPIDER ATTACK!

I'm scared of spiders. I'll just tell you outright that there isn't much that scares me more than a big spider. Big is such a relative term. In Minnesota, I call a spider a "big spider" if it's the size of a quarter...daddy long legs don't count because they're mostly just legs anyways!
Last night there was a "big spider" in our bedroom. I'm talking "furry thick legs" big, and "almost the same size as the palm of my hand" big.
I had just dozed off to sleep. I think I was just entering the stage of oblivion when suddenly my bunk-mate says in a loud urgent whisper. She starts climbing down off the top bunk..."WHATS going on?" I thought. I turned on my light and jumped (literally) out of bed. Corrie turned on the main lights. "All was bright" as the carol says...

"There's a HUGE spider up there!" She announced.

We all looked up and sure enough, there on the wall near her bed was one of those "big fuzzy spiders". AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Panic!
"KILL IT!" We all started exclaiming!

That thing was WAY to big for me to smash it.

"GET THE RAID! WHERE'S THE RAID???"

(raid is one of my best friends here...we have several cans lying around)
For some STRANGE reason, they handed the raid to me...*GULP* "Ok, I can do this," I thought, trying to calm my nerves.
*NEWS FLASH*
(I've seen these freakishly large spiders around the school
but I've never seen a LIVE one in our bedroom. I've never had
to kill one!)

Ok, so I stood on a chair to get closer to the BEAST, aimed and sprayed. It "下去-ed" (Chin-glish for came down...?) and I JUMPED off the chair, and RAN for the door. Celia and Corrie were ahead of me, and although we tried to muffle our screams and giggling, we were still pretty noisy. Once outside, we stopped to catch our breath, calm our hearts, and quiet down before re-entering. Unfortunately, while running for my life, my foot got caught on Corrie's school bag and I ended up unintentionally "bringing it along" with me when I exited the bedroom.

After a few moments, we cautiously re-entered the bedroom. I was hoping one good shot of raid would have killed 'the beast'...but it hadn't and NOW I discovered to my absolute HORROR that it was crawling around on my BED in a dazed STUPOR!!!!! MY BED!!!!!!!!

*Anguish.*...I used to like my bed...

It MUST die, and I'm NOT going to resort to SQUISHING it while it's on my bed. My fear was beginning to turn to anger! That spider better get off my bed or else... I watched in dismay as it climbed onto my pillow.

*WAHH!!* It's on my pillow!!! ahahahhaa.....

So, I did the only logical thing that a sleep deprived, half scared and angry girl would do to a big, furry spider...I sprayed it with raid again....oooOOOPS! That was my PILLOW. Ok. Now my pillow had raid on it, and that spider was STILL crawling around on my bed! FINE!
In desperation I grabbed my friends shoe and knocked it off my bed in one swing. Once on the floor, and took my shoe and SMASHED it...

...and that was the end of that spider.
THE END

Conclusion. I slept in a different bed that night...and I have to buy a new pillow. (bummer. I really liked that pillow.)

That's all for now. Please leave a comment!
Josie 林以恩

5 comments:

Mary B. said...

You make me laugh, Josie! Thank you for writing. :)

With love, Mary
- A Green STEP sister

P.S. I hope that I can see you again! Are you coming home for the summer in 2010?

Anonymous said...

I hate spiders too!! Although I've seen them outside, I've never had a big fuzzy spider in the house (THANK GOD!!)
Oh, and I can relate to bed and pillow love. :) My bed is my favorite place!
Baylie

Josie said...

Thanks for commenting! It's always great to here from you!
Mary,
Yes, I'll be coming home next summer. It would be great to see you again. How's college going?
Baylie,
My bed and pillow are quite precious to me, too. :)
I spend a lot of time on it because in my small bedroom, that's really the only place to sit. :D
Miss you both!
Josie

Anonymous said...

Hey Josie, I know how you feel! I have a 'limit', of how big, furry, and scary, bugs can be, for me to kill them, without squealing and running! :P
Your "green" sister, Ellen :)

JEM said...

hey,I thought I was the one that makes people laugh ;)
jem