Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I've done a thanksgiving post every year for 3 years now, so in keeping with tradition, here I am again.

I LOVE Thanksgiving and Christmas. They're a perfect inseparable combination of holidays, like pumpkin pie and whipped cream. Or hot chocolate and whipped cream!! Or anything and whipped cream!!! (mMm!!) It's a great time to remember how blessed we are and especially the gift of God's son and salvation to us!

This is my second year home for the holidays and I just have to say there's no place like home! Holidays in Taiwan were special and really fun, but I love being HOME.


 (FIRST CHRISTMAS HOME AGAIN!)
Yes, holidays can be celebrated anywhere with anyone, but this year I am thankful for family. :-)

Now on to other matters. Food. The traditional thanksgiving meal (turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes) will be eaten on Sunday when the rest of the family comes (i.e. my mom's side of the family). It will be a fun day, no doubt. Lots of food, fun, laughter, a crowded house, good music, and maybe a few good games of chess. Grampa is the BEST chess player I know. I think I beat him, once, and I'm pretty sure it was because he let me win. :-) Gramma will probably be bringing her cranberry cracker dessert, sounds weird, but it's SOOO good!


Our house always gets crowded when the whole family is over. Even when we just have guests. I remembering years ago we had my sister's husband's family over. I was sitting on the floor with my food eating when my sister (I won't say which one) walked past and stepped right in my plate of food! Either I've learned to be more careful where I set my plate, or my sister just watches where she walks now, because it never happened again. :-)  Good thing it was a paper plate.

This years Thanksgiving feast was splendid. The food was delectable, especially mom's pickles! The pumpkin pie was delicious and the weather was so AMAZING that we went for a walk.We also had a photo shoot on the couch.







And one more for good measure....


I'm thankful for...

The gift of salvation, the Bible, Dad, Mom, Jessi, Ben, Abby, Lucas, Jonah, Noah, Jamie, Janna, Jem, Gramma, Grampa, friends, sunday school students, the USA, our house, my violin, good music, church ministry, church family, Lauren, Celia, and Corrie, good food, pumpkin pie, tea, a warm place to sleep, my job, my classes and professors, the 4 seasons, snow, safety, health, Shasta, and the unfailing love of my savior, Jesus Christ. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. nice post. I like the pictures, and by the way-I did not step in your food if anyone was wondering if it was me. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, I was wondering, Jem. For real! Thanks for clearing that up. :)

-Libby

Julie said...

Humorous post! I was wondering how you fit all those people in. :) Sounds like it makes for some interesting moments.
Great list of things to be thankful for!