Friday, September 5, 2008

Battling the Bugs


Celia and I have been having all sorts of fun (yeah right!) killing cock roaches. Last night she killed one in the bathroom, then came and got me because she was all freaked out...you see, there was one by our toothbrushes and she didn't want to spray it with raid...we'd probably all die in the night (after brushing our teeth)! So, she came and got me. I grasped the raid in one hand and stomped out (more like tiptoed) into the bathroom. There it was. A MONSTROUS cock roach glaring at me on the sink. I gulped and aimed the can of raid. I squeezed the trigger and sprayed him. (you should know that raid does not work instantly. It normally takes 2-3 minutes for it to actually die after being sprayed) Well, the nasty roach flew at me (AHH!!) and I yelled and ran back into our room.


Celia and I were laughing SO hard! She described the phenomenon as 'roller-coaster' fun. (you are TOTALLY freaked out, but you like it!) Well, we had a little photo shoot (while we waited for the cock roach to croak) and then we tramped back out onto the little porch that leads to the bathroom to take picture of the dead cockroach (it was late, OK?). I started thinking that if I really wanted to scare Celia, I could yell "COCKROACH!!!" and run out of the bathroom screaming. But, since I'd already played a practical joke on Corrie and Celia that night, I figured I'd best wait for a better time. (I was already on the alert because I was afraid they were going to get back at me) Suddenly, I really DID see a cock roach!!! "Celia! There's a cock roach!!!" I backed up as it crawled towards me. (thankfully I was already holding the can of raid) I aimed and open fired! Somehow I ended up stepping in the raid and slipped in my flip flops, but caught myself before I fell. The cock roach crawled inside our room and lay on it's back dying. We went back inside.

Well, with the cockroaches FINALLY defeated, Celia went out to take her shower. About 15 minutes later, she tramped back in (done with her shower) and said "Josie? There's another cockroach!" For the 3rd time that night, I grasped the raid and peeked into the bathroom. It was in a good hiding place; the top of the window above the blinds. All I could see was one antenna. I carefully aimed and fired. It fell behind the blinds and was twitching. I ran out of the bathroom, slipped in the water/raid on the floor (AGAIN!) and finally made it safely back into our room. WOW!! So, that's my adventure from last night.
This morning me and Celia decided to start keeping track of all the cockroaches we've killed. So far I think we've killed 7. Who knows how many we'll have killed by the end of the year!!! (especially since it's not even cock roach season yet!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha! That was great! Sounds like you had a hilarious and exciting night. I'm glad you are having so much fun over there! Miss you!

Love ya!
~Amy

Gabrielle said...

Wow girl, sounds like quite the exciting evening! Reminds me of the room across the hall at STEP where they kills so many. By the time the school year is over, you'll probably get quite good at killing them :)

Anonymous said...

:) Your story really made me laugh this morning! I am glad that everything is going well in Taiwan.
How did school go on Wednesday? I am praying for you!
Much Love in Jesus! Mary B.

Anonymous said...

Oh Josie, that's hilarious! A REAL "missionary adventure!" :) I'm so glad to hear that you are having such a good time. Praying for you!

Love Ya,
Baylie

P.S I plan to send you out a letter this week. :)

Anonymous said...

Do Not kill cockraoches,they are a vitall ellument in the earths eco system.
& in doing so YOU will be the cause of global warming.
DAD ......

Anonymous said...

Josie, you finnaly put me on there, (who would'nt such a cute sister like me)(lol) JEM Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..........bye.

Anonymous said...

OOOOPs,jem

Josie said...

Dad, it's already "warm" over here. I don't think killing a cock roach is going to make it much worse. ;)
Love you!
Josie

Anonymous said...

Josie Isent you an e-mail today(11)
with pics. Hope it worked,Jem