A lot has happened since I last posted. Mainly...
a bike ride in the rain
A visit from 6 friendly neighbors (also Corrie's students)
A visit to the night market
And...
My discovery of Passion Fruit!!!
I also had my first teaching experience.After only teaching for a week, I can honestly say that I've already learned a lot. The first week of teaching was a little awkward. Since it was my first time to the schools, I didn't know what to expect, what I was doing, or who I would be working with. The first day was good. I ended up teaching even though I hadn't prepared anything...and it went fine. Thursday came and I enjoyed a beautiful scenic drive to my Thursday morning school near Sun Moon Lake. It was So beautiful. The mountains here are SO different from any I've ever seen before. They're covered (literally) in lush, green trees, grass and plants. Their shapes was what really awed me. They can be very steep and eratic looking. Unfortunately it's hard to get a good picture in a moving vehicle.
The pictures don't do them justice.Right now, we're waiting for the latest typhoon to hit. After stocking up at our local 7-11, Celia and I are eagerly awaiting our first "Typhoon" experience.
Here's a list of the "exotic" new foods I've had so far:
-Spicy Bamboo (pickled bamboo)
-Pig's ear
-Seaweed noodles
-Pregnant fish
-Moon cakes
That's all for this time. God bless!!!
7 comments:
That passion fruit looks so interesting, kinda like a fig..is that what is tastes like?
Cool mountains!
You ate pigs ear and pregnant fish? that sounds gross! How was it?
oh and I hope the typhoon doesn't cause too much havoc for you
wow.
that was jem,(jem)
jo, post your 'facebook'
L
Actually pigs' ears and pregnant fish sound good to me. Haven't had them for a while. Yours truly, an avid supporter of Chinese food, Christina Jen (Xiaolan)
Post a Comment